Looking to get involved and make a difference? Visit our "How You Can Help" page to learn more about our volunteer opportunities! If you want more information or would like to volunteer, fill out the form below. Thanks for your interest in RASA Rescue!
RASA Rescue often works with animals who have been abused or neglected. Some of them do bite. In addition, items are sometimes ruined by things such as chewing and urine. While major incidents are rare, these incidents are a fact of life in animal rescue.
Our site volunteer application form is currently down. Please copy the text below and paste into an email to [email protected] Thank you!
- Street Address:
- City, State:
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- Date of Birth:
- What about animal rescue interests you?
- Have you participated in volunteer work in the past? If yes, please describe your role.
- What, if any, pets do you have? What are their names, ages, genders, breeds, and where and when did you get them?
- What, if any, experience do you have with other types of animals? What types of animals?
- Have you ever given up a pet? If so, please describe the circumstances.
- What is your current area of interest in volunteering for RASA Rescue? (Delete Text of What Doesnt Apply)
- Cleaning cages
- Fostering animals
- Transporting animals to vet appointments or between foster homes
- Acting as a Petco Guardian
- Socializing animals
- Photographing and uploading photos of animals to Petfinder
- If you're interested in fostering or socializing, please which animals you're interested in working with. (Delete Text of What Doesnt Apply)
- Guinea Pigs
- Most of our volunteer positions (including fostering) require that volunteers drive to someone's house once a week, once every other week, once a month, etc, depending on the position and your availability. Do you have transportation?
- What days and times would you be available, and how often (i.e. Monday afternoons, every other Tuesday morning, etc). Please be as detailed as necessary.
- Do you agree to hold RASA Rescue harmless of all damages, including bodily harm, that may result from your volunteer activities?
RASA is a 501(c)3 non profit NO KILL small animal rescue. Our dedicated group of fosters and volunteers provide shelter and rehabilitation for abandoned and unwanted "pocket pets". We take exceptional care of every animal in our rescue and pride ourselves on upholding our motto "Transforming the neglected, abused, unwanted and abandoned into the loved, sheltered, happy and content". In some cases this means it will take months of patient interactions with our rescues to help them overcome whatever they have been through. Our vetting is extremely high due to being a no-kill rescue.